Full Time Pharmacy Dispensing Assistant or Pharmacy Technician required to join our dispensary team in PillBox Pharmacy, Irvinestown, Co. Fermanagh.
Previous pharmacy experience (at least one year) is essential. NVQ2 level qualified is preferred, but this is not essential.
If you are an NVQ2 qualified dispensing assistant and wish to further your professional training there will be opportunity for you to progress to NVQ3 or Accuracy Checking Pharmacy Technician.
• Assist managing the PillPacPlus Robot system to ensure Repeats/Medication is ordered on time and PillPacs are prepared in good time for delivery/ collection for customers and Nursing Homes.
• Delivering the technical aspects of the dispensary whilst ensuring the safe supply of medicines e.g. ordering medicines, labelling, dispensing, endorsing and collection of prescriptions.
• Complying with legal and professional requirements and accepted guidance on professional practice
• Seeking opportunities to engage with GPs and practice teams to drive services and items.
• Meeting agreed deadlines and showing initiative in problem solving.
• Help with any other jobs required at the time within the pharmacy.
The ideal candidate will be well organised with excellent time management skills. You should be able to work closely with colleagues but also use your own initiative and the ability to work independently without direction.
40 hours per week. Full Time
20 days holiday per year + Bank Holidays
Salary dependent on experience and qualifications,
Supportive and friendly atmosphere with encouragement to develop your skills and abilities
To apply email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to PillBox Pharmacy, 24 Church Street, Irvinestown, Co.Fermanagh BT94 1EH
Pre-Registration Pharmacist Required
Pre-Registration Pharmacist position available with experienced pre-reg tutor in well-established pharmacy.
At PillBox pharmacy you will learn about pharmacy practice and key business skills to help you in your future career as a pharmacist.
During your training you will be enrolled in Sangers and Ulster Chemist Association Pre-Reg courses covering all core curriculum exam subjects. Compulsory Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland training days will also be attended. The costs of all these courses are covered by the pharmacy and these days are counted as work days. Final examination costs are also covered.
Services and training provided by the pharmacy:
- Dispensing NHS & Private
- Minor Ailments Service
- Medication Use Reviews and Medicines Management
- Business skills in store management, customer service, stock purchasing and export
- Smoking Cessation
- Weight Loss Clinic
- Oxygen Service
- Nursing/Residential Homes Service
- Blood Pressure Monitoring
- H.Pylori Testing
- FujiFilm Photographic and Imaging Centre in store
Potential work opportunities after successful completion of registration exam and summer workplace experience available for students.